Saturday, March 22, 2008

Visions of a belly

  • In the morning, I wake up and notice my chubby belly. Could it be that I am really pregnant, or have I just convinced myself that I am because of it this thing hanging off my midsection?
  • As I dress, it asserts itself only slightly. My pants still fit, they just usually fit under the bulge.
  • By lunchtime, the pants are a little uncomfortable. The belly is maleable but seems to gain heft as the day progresses.
  • In the afternoon, after work, I change into some expandable pants (read: scrub bottoms Wes brough home from work for me).
  • By the evening, when Wes lays his head down on it to watch basketball, I almost look pregnant and not just girthy.
Are all first-time pregnant women this amused and bemused by their waistlines?

My next appointment is Thursday, when we'll hear the heartbeat again. Then just five weeks until the show-and-tell!

No comments: