I am a rule follower. Everyone that knows me knows that. I don't like breaking rules. It makes me ghastly uncomfortable. I have deep, serious guilt.
Wes is in general law-abiding, but he's willing to take liberties now and then if it seems worth it. And today, it seemed worth it to him to escort me into the EDOU and use the ultrasound machine to look at the baby. He hasn't been able to come to the last two appointments because of work, plus he's desperate to find out the gender. So there I was, laying on a bed in the EDOU with my pants unzipped so Wes could take a peek. It was exciting, I'll admit, though I couldn't see very well because of the positioning of the bed and the machine. Wes grinned through the whole thing. He easily saw the heartbeat and turned on the doppler to hear it. We could see the head and the spine and limbs. Right now, the fetus is upside down, with head down towards my pelvis. Wes kept marveling at how much it was moving around and was amazed that I couldn't feel anything (I am only 15 week, though). He also said the placenta was quite large, which is good and probably also explains why I don't feel it very much.
All in all, I think it was a liberty worth taking. Nothing is as gratifying as watching your husband and the father of your child smile endlessly while seeing his son or daughter dancing in your belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment