Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Roller girl

Emme can officially roll over in both directions.  She will be four months on Friday, so this is definitely on time or even a little early for her (this is a "rare" skill for a 3-month-old or something "still learning" for a 4-month-old; it's not a common milestone until 6 months).  She's been rolling easily from her belly to her back for at least two weeks now, and in the last few days, I've seen (or missed) her rolling from her back to her belly.  My sister claims she did this back in March.  I was upstairs packing for us to leave for home the next day and missed it all.  My mother-in-law also said she did it several weeks ago.  But it's not until now that I've actually been able to either see it or confirm that she went down on one side and I found her on the other.  It's a fun development, of course, but it does ruin my efforts to get her to sleep on her belly in the hopes that it would help her settle more quickly.  Of course, it also makes it a little safer to put her anywhere on her belly since she has the ability to get off.

The last few months have flown by, mostly because of how busy things have been around here.  But I know looking at Emme -- still little, still a baby, still a lot of months left to nurse and cuddle and tote around -- that time has passed and almost certainly too quickly.

No comments: