I’m 6w4d pregnant now. The pregnancy still doesn’t seem real, but the symptoms do. I started getting a little nausea last week, and by late in the week, it was all day. I’m basically always nauseated now. I started taking my prenatal vitamins before bedtime so that the worst of the nausea is while I’m asleep instead of in class. The only drawback is that if I wake up at night – I mean, when I wake up at night to pee – I am horribly nauseated. The trashcan is now next to my side of the bed. I’m not eating very much or very often as it often makes the nausea worse. I literally have ginger ale and saltines in my kitchen. I’m losing weight, but my belly – leftover from Oliver and a lifetime love affair with ice cream and Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups – is no smaller if not a little bigger. I’m also worn out, the result of being the mother of a toddler, in class and at work all day, doing homework every night, and on a progesterone supplement. I’ll take all of it, though, if it means that the pregnancy is going well. Our ultrasound is on Tuesday, and we should see a heartbeat if everything is okay.
Oliver, on the other hand, loves babies suddenly. Mind you, we don’t talk about this pregnancy or “a baby” coming. I’m not suggesting, as some do, that he has some sense of what is happening. It’s just funny that he suddenly says baby every time he sees one out or in a book. He stops at the door of the infants room at daycare and stares at them as we go past. I’ve had a few, if fleeting, moments of what it will be like with him as a “big” brother. It’s a nice image.
No comments:
Post a Comment