Friday, May 28, 2010

Hat

Oliver, as many know, really loves his hat. I bought him this camoflauged baseball cap at Target last summer because it's so important for his scars to be protected from the sun. He didn't think much of it last summer and would often take it off. But this spring, when he started wearing it to daycare every day, he became very attached. I think part of it is a recognition that his hat and shoes usually mean he's going outside. Several weeks ago I took him to daycare and forgot his hat, but it was overcast outside and I didn't think they'd necessarily be going out anyway, so I didn't worry about it. When I picked Ollie up that afternoon, this was the note on his sheet. Evidently he became very upset when it was time to go outside and he didn't have his hat.

There's any irony that my and Wes's child has and seems to live in a camoflauged hat as a boy in the south. When we were at my parents' house last weekend, two very southern men complimented him on his hat, in fact, which made me laugh. I'm sure, though, that my brother-in-law will support it and figures it just offsets the less southern aspects of our household.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: