The pregnancy symptoms have certainly arrived. The nausea is a daily, all-day thing that limits my food options to apples, bananas, and crackers. You’d think that with such a basic diet – and no sweets – I’d lose weight, yet still my pants are getting slowly, very slowly tighter around the waistband. Most noticeably, I’m exhausted. I sleep 9 hours a night plus sometimes a nap in the afternoon. I’m sure I don’t actually need all that sleep, but if I can afford it, I figure it can’t hurt. The nausea is keeping me from really any working out, so it’s not like I’m trading sleep for exercise. Besides, I’m up at least once or twice a night, usually to pee. There aren’t really any symptoms that Wes can recognize – he can’t share the nausea or feel my sore boobs – but he did notice the fatigue. We went for a walk on Sunday with Lucy, and the whole way, I was struggling to keep up with him. Normally, I walk five steps ahead of him on “Lizzie speed” as he calls it. Not this time.
I made a mental promise before I ever became pregnant that I wouldn’t complain about pregnancy symptoms when they came because 1) I’ve been waiting for this and am so happy to be pregnant, and 2) I know these symptoms means the hormone levels are high, as they should be. It’s all transient, even the pregnancy, and especially for this first one, I don’t want to wish anything to hurry up. I’m sure my tune might change come 40 weeks, but for now, I want to enjoy every nauseated, exhausted moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment