Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fur-baby

I have been a dog owner now for almost 5 years, and I have been an expecting mom for about 3 months. And yet, in that brief time of overlap, I’ve begun to notice something – there’s more similarities between the world’s perception and treatment of dogs and babies than most moms would probably care to admit. Wes and I talked briefly about child care facilities this morning, and so between parent conferences, I looked for information on the three in our area. I typed “child care” in as part of my search, and wouldn’t you know it, up popped some daycare centers – and some doggie care centers. Tonight I received in the mail a catalogue for totally random baby items – many of which remind me of the items I see in the pet boutiques around Chicago – footies for something that doesn’t really need them, inexplicably expensive clothes for such a small being, various products to keep them on or off our out of certain areas. It’s some comfort then to know that Lucy has indeed been good training for the baby – though if she is any indication of our parenting skills, we’re in for some serious trouble.

No comments: