Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Family Matters
So my family finally knows. My mom visited this weekend, and Wes and I surprised her with the news when she got to the apartment on Friday. Lucy was wearing a “Big Sister” t-shirt. Mom didn’t get it, and I had to spell it out for her. Needless to say, she was surprised and really happy for us. It was fun to call my dad and siblings, all of whom greeted the news warmly. My mom looked out for me all weekend – asking about my nausea, encouraging me to eat more greens and protein when I felt up to it, looking out for ice on our walks with Lucy. It was fun to have a couple days to “talk baby” with her. Wes had off Friday and Saturday, so he got to share in the fun before working on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Now it’s just a few more weeks ‘til I can spill the beans at work. It’ll be nice for all of my friends at school to know, and I’m sure the students, especially my seniors, will be excited by the news. I still try to remind myself that we’re not out of the woods yet on something spontaneously going wrong. I am only 9 weeks pregnant, after all. But it’s getting harder and harder not to imagine the end product and smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment