Wednesday, February 27, 2008

11 Weeks

I saw my midwife for my second appointment yesterday. Everything looked and sounded fine, and I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler monitor. It took a few minutes to find, and when I laughed we lost it, but it was there. Either that, or I ate something crazy. I set up the next appointment and also got the order for my 20-week ultrasound. My birthday is the day after 20 weeks, so I think we’re going to schedule it for that afternoon. What a fun present.

We’ve managed to tell all of Wes’s family now. I talked to his sister tonight, who seemed really excited by the news. This is the first grandbaby/niece/nephew on Wes’s side, so everyone’s assuming new titles with this arrival. We’ll see the whole family around 32 weeks for my brother-in-law’s wedding in Philadelphia, so everyone will get a pre-delivery peek at the belly.

I found out that another teacher at school is pregnant. That makes three of us all due August through October. It’s exciting to have someone else to share the nausea and headaches and ultrasounds with (especially since the woman due before me is on #3). It makes me a little nervous about what’s going to happen at work. I fear that I won’t get the weeks out or reduced hours I’m hoping for with this many women out for maternity leave. Hopefully I’ve made myself indispensable enough that my director will meet my requests, but Wes and I will have to really talk if she won’t. Ah, so many things to think about – and fortunately, plenty of time to do so.

No comments: