Emme is pulling herself up to standing now. She'll crawl to me, take my fingers and stand up. Of course, then she'll let go because she wants to stand up all by herself. But she can't, so she just plunks back down. She's also learned how to pull herself up on the furniture, like the couch or the ottomans in the living room. She's not really cruising yet, but she does love to stand. Oliver thinks it's an amazing development (I'm sure Cookie will reach this milestone soon, too), and he wants to hold on to her while she stands up. Not such a good idea, but I appreciate the desire.
So Emme continues to develop quickly, a little ahead of what Oliver did. Her pincer grip is still lacking. She tends to hold food in her fist instead of her fingers, which makes it hard to get it in her mouth. This, I am sure, Oliver mastered very quickly. She also still has no teeth and no sign of any coming in soon. I have to assume it will eventually happen, but it's still strange to see such a gummy grin on a standing baby!
So Emme continues to develop quickly, a little ahead of what Oliver did. Her pincer grip is still lacking. She tends to hold food in her fist instead of her fingers, which makes it hard to get it in her mouth. This, I am sure, Oliver mastered very quickly. She also still has no teeth and no sign of any coming in soon. I have to assume it will eventually happen, but it's still strange to see such a gummy grin on a standing baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment