Tonight before bedtime, I took Emme's mobile off her crib. Even after moving the mattress down to the next level, she can still reach the animals on it. She gets on her knees, then reaches up with one hand for the top of the side of the crib and uses her free hand to grab the animals and drag then down in her dominion. I'm basically worried she's going to break the thing. So off it came.
The changing station (which affixes to the top of the crib) is probably next. Not only is she likely to bang her head against it at some point, but she -- more importantly, won't stay on the thing. She is so active that she won't lie on her back unless I dangle something above her while I change her diaper. It's like trying to rope a calf or something. When I lay her down to take off her diaper or get her dressed after a bath, it takes her about ten seconds to flip over and take off for the closest toy. Usually there are multiple starts and stops -- to get the diaper off or put the diaper cream on, to get the new diaper on, another round for putting a onesie over head. And then I usually snap it from behind while she crawls away.
All this developing new skills and storing away of newborn baby things would normally have me wondering about the next kid. But Oliver was enough of a nuisance today to remind me that sweet, adorable little babies eventually become ornery toddlers who -- when not charming me -- make me want to pull my hair out. So I'll enjoy the sitting/crawling/general adorableness of Emme's current phase without thinking about who might enjoy the mobile next.
1 comment:
She's growing much too quickly. Tell her to quit!
Post a Comment