Saturday, August 30, 2008

Move like a baby and head out...

...to borrow one of Wes's favorite expressions. No doubt, the baby is moving south. That doesn't mean anything is imminent, of course, but I guess it's a move in the right direction. Over the last 48 hours, I've finally felt the pregnancy. Beyond my need for nap each afternoon, I have a lot of pelvis pressure, round ligament pain, and sporadic contractions. If I'm up on my feet or moving around for more than 30 minutes, I really start to feel it and have to sit down. By the end of my classes at 12:15, my lower back is sore. I've always been one to take the stairs instead of the elevator at school, but now I limit the number of trips I make up and down them every day if I can.

Wes keeps telling me not to overdo it, but it seems like the worst that could happen at this point is that the baby would be born. I'm still not at the point at which I would stand up and say, "I want him out!", but I am at the point where I can see how I'll appreciate having my body back -- even in an altered state. Sleeping on my belly, bending at the waist...ahh, yes.

For now, I remind myself to treasure the finals days of my first pregnancy. Watching his little butt move back and forth. Anticipating what he'll look like. Giggling with Wes in bed over the fact that we're going to have a baby! Who let that happen?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: