Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pregnant (?)

I found out yesterday that I might be pregnant, and today I confirmed it. Since my period was five days late, I decided to take a test more to rule out a pregnancy than because I was expecting one. But sure enough, this time the second pink line came up. It was pretty faint, which had me wondering if it was really true, but a second stick – the kind that just says “pregnant” if you are – reassured me this morning. I’m having some spotting and some strange sensations – not cramps, exactly, but something – that are making me really nervous. If I lose the pregnancy this early, it won’t surprise me, but it will still be disappointing given how much I want to be and stay pregnant.

I have the name of a group that includes both midwives and doctors, so I’m going to give them a call this week. If I don’t like the vibe I get from being with a midwife, then I’ll try and get a referral from a friend to an OB/GYN, but I want to at least entertain the notion of using a MDW.

No comments: