Funny how what seems a blessing one day can be a curse the next. I was reading someone’s blog today – one I’ve read for a long time – and someone mentioned that women who don’t experience morning sickness have a higher incidence of miscarriage. I looked elsewhere and found the same information with a different spin: While it is said that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy, the lack of it does not mean that there is anything wrong with your pregnancy. The one time my vomiting would be welcome! I have had days of rolling nausea, but no actually vomiting. I will say that I’m not really ever hungry for anything. Nothing sounds appetizing, and nothing smells appetizing either.
Through a series of links from my “research,” I found a website of belly shots at different points in pregnancy. I started looking for stages – when the belly was obvious, when women started wearing pregnancy pants, when the belly button flipped out. Seeing some of these women at 32+ weeks pregnant is crazy – the belly just sticks straight out there!
My colleague who’s pregnant announced her pregnancy today. When I was talking to her she said, “You’ll be next.” Little does she know! One of my students was also talking about having a dream in which we were all at a debate tournament, and I was pregnant. I’ve no doubt she’ll be amused to hear my news.
I’m looking forward to making it to next week. Tuesday is my first appointment with the midwife, and more than anything, I’m excited to get to talk to someone all about being pregnant! Honestly, we don’t really dwell on it at home even, partly in an attempt to remained balanced – I could easily become obsessed – and partly because we’re still crossing our fingers about everything going well. I did have to see my own doctor yesterday because I suspected (and confirmed) that I had a UTI. These are not fun to have when pregnant because all the pain and burning is in an area of the body that you’re most worried about!
No comments:
Post a Comment