Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Miscarriage

This morning I woke up, went to the bathroom, and saw blood in the toilet.  Then more on the toilet paper.  A few hours later, I was soaking pads and passing tissue.  I’m having a miscarriage.  I can type that now without crying.  I’m probably right at 5 weeks, so it’s more emotional than physical.  I always thought that if this happened this early I would be okay.  And I am okay – I think I probably worried the woman at the clinical study, whom I called to update, with my being so okay.  I cried in the shower, and sending an email to my sister, and talking on the phone with my mother.  But now I’m okay.  Kind of.

I did learn from the message boards that women are often very fertile after an early loss.  Today counts as day one, and I can try and track my ovulation again and try in late January or early February.  Wes and I seem to get pregnant pretty easily, so that is some consolation.

No comments: