Emmeline is definitely on the move these days. She doesn't just roll over anymore. She rolls and rolls and rolls. I don't think it's intentional -- as in, I want to get over there, and so I'm going to roll that way. But she definitely is trying to get around. I put her down in the middle of the rug, and within a minute or so, she's across the room. She only stops when she runs into the couch or the side table or the wall. When she's on her belly she makes clear moves to try and crawl. She can get her knees up under her and sometimes gets into some kind of three point stance trying to reach out for a toy, but she hasn't actually gotten far in her attempts.
When Emme does get where she's going, she either puts whatever she's found in her mouth -- the base of the Exersaucer, the bottom of her car seat, my shoelaces -- or wails because she can't roll any further. I think it will be a few weeks still until she's really moving well in a crawl, but I don't think it will be long, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment