Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Boob snob?

Emme spent a few hours with Hailey and Eva, our neighbor's daughter, at Eva's house today while I got my hair cut and went to the dentist.  Emme got up around 6am today (after sleeping all night from around 7:30pm!) and nursed well, then was sleepy by 7am and cat napped as we took Ollie to daycare and ran an errand to Target.  I nursed her briefly before dropping her off at Eva's around 10am and left two bottles for the duration.  I got back a little over four hours later to learn that Emme had a nice nap in the middle of the day -- but hadn't yet eaten anything, despite Hailey's best attempts.  I can't be sure as this is the first time in 3 1/2 weeks that I've left her, but Hailey and I both wondered if she just didn't want her milk from the bottle.  Sure enough, as soon as we got home she nursed well and is now down for another nap.  I've tried to warn her that come fall -- or actually, come mid-July when we're leaving the kids with my parents for a week -- she's going to have to get reacquainted with a bottle.  Here's hoping she's just having a light eating day and hasn't become a full-on boob snob.

No comments: