Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pacified

So I take back what I said earlier about Emme not liking the pacifier.  In fact, it's become her (and our) best friend.  She doesn't have it all the time, and she doesn't sleep with it, but it sure makes a difference in those times when she's tired but not going to sleep and mouthy but not hungry.  For weeks I kept trying to feed her more.  Anytime Oliver got mouthy -- sucking on his fingers, or for Emme, her fist -- he was hungry.  But when I fed her more, she'd spit up and get really upset when I kept pressing her to eat.  So one fussy night (oh wait, that's most of them these days), I tried again.  And she took it.  And relaxed.  And was kind of like, "What took you so long?"  Oliver learned one morning how to put it in and has on several occasions been on "paci patrol" while I am in the shower and Emme is in her lamb chair in the bathroom.  It's not a cure all, I'm terrified of how I'm going to break this habit when she gets older, but for now, I'm just thankful for it!

1 comment:

Kimberly O'Connor said...

Cutie pie! I have to admit that I am always secretly jealous of the babies who will take a pacifier. Well, jealous of their mothers. It seems so... pacifying.