I've been looking for photographers recently to take some family pictures, and I noticed that on a lot of the photographers' websites, they list their prices on a tab called "Investments." And based on what many of these photographers charge, "Investments" translates as "really expensive." These, of course, are the best ones.
So recently, Wes and I made another "investment," and this time not one for the house. No, we got a double stroller, one of those expensive, jogging ones that is still hip and urban but really just short of a minivan. It's a double BOB Revolution, the side-by-side version of the single stroller we have used and loved since Oliver's birth. BOB is evidently about to release a new line of strollers -- just a new look, I think -- and so their old ones were on clearance. I managed to find the very last one at a local baby store along with the infant car seat adapter, and after an evening with the instruction manual and various tools, had it up and running (haha). I (and our babysitter) have had both the kids out in it, and it sure is a workout. I don't know that I'll manage to use it as much as Helen and Huck's mom, who for a time documented her "Daily Stroller Constituents" on her daily jogs. We cut a wide swatch on the sidewalk -- there's a lot of looking down and apologizing for taking up so much space -- but the thing just glides.
The best news is that I got the stroller for about a third off the original price -- which is still absurdly expensive for a stroller, but hey, it's the best.
So recently, Wes and I made another "investment," and this time not one for the house. No, we got a double stroller, one of those expensive, jogging ones that is still hip and urban but really just short of a minivan. It's a double BOB Revolution, the side-by-side version of the single stroller we have used and loved since Oliver's birth. BOB is evidently about to release a new line of strollers -- just a new look, I think -- and so their old ones were on clearance. I managed to find the very last one at a local baby store along with the infant car seat adapter, and after an evening with the instruction manual and various tools, had it up and running (haha). I (and our babysitter) have had both the kids out in it, and it sure is a workout. I don't know that I'll manage to use it as much as Helen and Huck's mom, who for a time documented her "Daily Stroller Constituents" on her daily jogs. We cut a wide swatch on the sidewalk -- there's a lot of looking down and apologizing for taking up so much space -- but the thing just glides.
The best news is that I got the stroller for about a third off the original price -- which is still absurdly expensive for a stroller, but hey, it's the best.
3 comments:
We haven't tried our Bob Duallie yet--didn't get the infant car seat adaptor and waiting until they have some better head control. But glad to hear it is somewhat worth the $$.
Well, you will definitely need a double stroller. Congratulations on your investment!
It's definitely a good investment! Although Helen and Huck are now too heavy (and mutinous) to run very far, we use it almost daily to slog to the park, zoo, etc. I put 1500+ running miles on it in a year when they were younger, though. Running gets a lot easier once you ditch the infant adapter. I used it with Helen until she was 6mo; Huck, until 2mo. ;)
Post a Comment