Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training, and Wow!

Yesterday morning, Oliver gave my mother a hard time and somehow ended up in underwear.  He got up from bed dry (which I think had more to do with a lack of fluids than any restraint on his part), so she put him in the underwear to induce him to pee in the potty.  We sent him to daycare with spare pants and underwear to a supportive but somewhat skeptical classroom teacher.  I picked Oliver up at almost 5pm and found him, to my surprise, in the same pants and underwear.  He had a lot of juice when he got home and then, despite my best efforts, ended up wetting himself twice -- the first time quite a bit before I could get him to the potty, the second time just dampening the underwear -- and so we switched back to a pull-up for the rest of the evening (which stayed dry until bedtime).

I let him wear underwear to school again today.  I don't know if this will continue, but he's really excited about the underwear (Disney and Dora the Explorer themed, none of which he recognizes, but still) so we'll use it to our advantage.  Here's hoping my couch and rug make it through in tact.

No comments: