Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ouch

Last night was not a good night in our house.  Oliver came home from daycare with the report, per daddy, that he "hadn't been himself" all day.  He seemed to bounce back at home, and he was certainly ornery enough, but right around dinnertime he had a complete meltdown.  I, meanwhile, had spent the entire day scouring our house, which I'm still not done with, so my legs and pelvis and back were very sore.  And then, suddenly, I was very nauseated.  And really wanted to lay down.  And then came the chills, the achy body, the increased nausea, and finally, the abdominal pain -- made all the worse by a very tightly packed baby moving around against the source of the pain (though feeling her move did make me feel a little better that she's not being affected).  The chills finally subsided between 3 and 4am, and I started to sweat.  The nausea decreased but still isn't gone.  My body is still achy, especially my back, and I just don't feel myself -- in part because I didn't sleep much, and in part because I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  Wes took Oliver to daycare this morning, and I'm going to pick him up after my midwife's appointment later on. I'm still going to try to get a few things done around the house -- no elves have shown up here, yet, to relieve me of those duties, but I think I'm also going to try to put my feet up (on our newly washed couch!) while I fold laundry and the like.

I've been wishing for days that this baby would make her appearance.  Now I think I need a day or two to recover before my body goes through labor!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your nausea, chills, and back pain sound a lot like my (early) labor with Helen... Just saying. ;)