139 lbs. I don't know that I look any different here than in my last belly picture six weeks ago, but here she is! I feel like I've grown, and I think she has, too. I saw the midwife last Tuesday, and everything looked good. She did say that I measured a little behind at the last two appointments, but I think it was within a week of where I am, so I don't think it really matters. I'm hoping that means a slightly smaller baby and not someone planning to come late (though I don't know that there's any relationship there). I go back to the midwife in 2 1/2 weeks at 35 weeks for my regular check-up and my Group B Strep test. I was positive for this last time, which means I'm more likely to be positive this time. It isn't really a problem except that I have to go to the hospital as soon as my water breaks, even if I'm not having contractions yet. Fortunately, last time my water broke right before I started pushing and about 20 minutes before I delivered -- very fortunate since I hadn't had the antibiotics and Ollie's aplasia made him more vulnerable. So if the delivery progresses the same way again, it won't be a problem -- just a bit of a nuisance trying to make sure I get to the hospital in time. I'll also be curious to see if she's still measuring within a week of our count (I say January 15 based on ovulation; the midwives say January 11 based on baby's measurements at 8, 12, and 18 weeks). I think I have to go weekly after this appointment, though I'm not entirely sure why. My midwife in Chicago didn't check for dilation or effacement until 40 weeks (by which time I had already had Oliver), and I'm hoping this one won't either. I know too many women who sat at 1 or 2 or 3 cm dilated for weeks, thinking any day could be "the" day. I'm already anticipating this too much to have any misleading information make me think it's more imminent than it really is. The midwife did say she's already head down, with her head low -- low -- in my pelvis.
We are finally starting to do the real preparations to bring a baby home in the next 6-8 weeks. The baby's rug came. It's not nearly as bold as it looked on the computer screen, but it still goes great in the room. With that, we're trying to choose a paint color. I think blue or green are most likely to look good, but I'm concerned about it being too dark. We have splotches of four different paint colors all over the room to try and choose something. I've picked up a few things for her recently -- rattles, bibs, and a baby seat. I'm getting a diaper stacker for the crib to store diapers and wipes, since the dresser isn't close enough to use like we did in Chicago. The plan is to paint the nursery on Thanksgiving, when Wes has the day off (it takes one parent to paint and one parent to keep Oliver from "helping"). Once the room is painted, I'm giving myself the go-ahead to fully nest -- empty out the closet, store the things we don't need, get diapers and blankets ready, put bottles downstairs, sterilize the breast pump. All those exciting things. I have decided not to pack a hospital bag ahead of time. I figure I'll have plenty of time to do that once I go into labor, and if we have to get there quickly, it's not like I need to anything to give birth. Wes can bring me clothes and things for the baby afterwards if we need them. The beauty of living one mile from the hospital :)
I take a tour of the L&D in two weeks. Somehow the thought of just being in that space is exciting.


1 comment:
Man, that is one thing that is very different about us. I do NOT want to think about being in a L&D room again. :) But I am so excited for you! You are super cute and I can't wait to see little girl Self!
Post a Comment