Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Making a list, checking it twice

It's becoming that time of year when, as the parent of a 2-year-old, I start getting lots of catalogs in my mail filled with fun toys.  Oliver likes looking through them, but I think I like them even more.  I find that it's just as much fun browsing the pages for my kid as it was looking for myself when I was younger.  He got one present from us last year at Christmas.  This year, I'll probably get him 1-2 small presents.  He's finally old enough to understand opening gifts.  I found something super-cute on Etsy that I ordered today, and Wes and I decided it would be a great "big brother" gift for the baby to give him at the hospital (Oliver is going to take her Baa and the blanket as her"little sister" gift).

So I'm starting to make my list for Oliver's Christmas gifts, but the wish list is much, much longer.  As in, if I had an unlimited budget, unlimited space in which to store playthings, and no worries at all about spoiling my child (none of which is the case), I would include:

2 comments:

MamaN said...

So get Ollie the vacuum and don't put the batteries in it. He would enjoy pushing the buttons and we all know he does a great motor sound!
Yes, I still enjoy the toy catalogs, imagining little people playing with them.

Circus Princess said...

This post brings me back to that childhood excitement when going through the toy catalogue :)