Today's weight: 122.5. I was 122 for a few days, then the half pound came back. I am now officially in the second trimester. (A lot of websites say the first trimester ends at 12 weeks, which doesn't make sense to me since the second trimester is 14 weeks. So I look at the second trimester as 13+ weeks. Regardless, I'm there.) I do feel a little better. I am not as fatigued, in part probably because I no longer have to take the Prometrium (the placenta takes over). I am not, however, eating normally yet. I am not constantly nauseated, but neither am I hungry. I can only eat very small meals, and that's not small-meals-throughout-the-day. That's a bowl of cereal for breakfast, an apple with peanut butter for lunch, and either a small portion of whatever is for dinner or a half a bagel and some blueberries. Today I had a bagel sandwich for breakfast since I met a friend at a diner, then a carton of yogurt around 2pm for "lunch," and an instant breakfast drink for dinner. I did have a few crackers with cheese about an hour or two later. I'm just not hungry. And when I do eat something more substantial, like this morning, I stay full, almost uncomfortably, for most of the day.
I don't mind it. I will gladly gain the weight slowly, and I will happily take the nausea, for however long it stays, if that's what goes with this pregnancy. But I hate not being able to grocery shop for my family because the smell of the place makes me sick. I hate not ever wanting to cook dinner (and rarely doing so recently) because, since I don't feel like eating, I've no idea what to make. I can put up with the symptoms, but I hate for my boys to have to, also.
I'm sure that in short order my appetite will be back, as will the weight. I'm much more involved with the weight this time because I'm not starting so heavy. I was 30 pounds (at least) heavier when I got pregnant with Oliver, and I only gained 7 pounds over my 8-week weight (after losing around 10 pounds early on). I really tried to lose the weight after I had him. Not a lot of working out or serious dieting, just being active and portion control, and I learned to control my sweet tooth (usually). So it's mostly that I don't want to mess up during this pregnancy. I want to be healthy, I want the baby to get what it needs, but I don't want to put on more than I need to. For everyone's sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment