Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Shetland pony walks into a McDonalds...

But then I'm sure you've heard the rest.  I am completely hoarse right now, so all of you out there who had been waiting until today to call me and tell me how much I mean to you -- please wait a few more days.  It seems that some special kisses from Oliver transferred his runny nose/bit a cough/sleepier than usual germs to me, and I've mostly ended up with a slightly sore throat/complete hoarseness/bit a cough.  I don't know if I can blame the sleepiness completely on him.  So he's at daycare today, since I can neither reprimand him for climbing on the table nor read to him, his one great passion these days.  Instead, I am home, about to do some weeding, then vacuuming/ironing, then extended time on the computer.  I am going to his potluck at daycare tonight, hoping that I can just smile and nod a lot.

Ollie and I did have fun yesterday on our Summer of Fun, Day 1.  My friend Melissa met us in the morning, and we took both Ollie and Lucy to Centennial Park for a big walk, including visits with duck and geese, and playing on the playground.  We read some books back here before Melissa took off and Ollie had lunch and a nap.  After nap and snack we played a bit in the house and then took off for another park we'd never visited before, down Granny White.  It was unshaded, so hot in the sun and hot on the plastic slides.  We stayed for 45 minutes before we came home, where Wes was awaiting our return.  We had dinner (Oliver had his first hamburger, eating in 3 parts: bun, bun, meat + cheese), then went to Maggie Moos for ice cream.  I fell almost asleep on the couch by 10pm but slept poorly.  Oliver, worn out from all the fun and his cold, slept until almost 8am.  

He's supposed to stay home again tomorrow, for Summer of Fun, Day 2, but that might have to be delayed if I don't get my voice back.  I love him, and he's pretty well behaved, but there's only so much fun mom can make without any voice at all.

No comments: