Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stranger Danger

Oliver now knows who mommy and daddy are. A few weeks ago, we had some friends over for dinner. One had met Oliver very early on and seem him periodically since then. When she arrived that night, I handed him over to her. He took a minute, looked at her, looked at me, and burst into tears. He came around by the end of the night, but he definitely was not into her right off.

Last night were conferences at school. A lot of teacher friends came by to see the big strapping boy. Oliver would smile at them coyly from the stroller, his playpen, or my arms, but the second someone picked him up, he got this confused, concerned look on his face, the lip started to come out, and in a few minutes he would just start to howl, big huge tears coming down his cheeks.

As endearing as it is, I also love how social a baby I have, and I hate to see him be so afraid of folks. He's always been happily passed around, and he never fusses when girls at school pick him up. They say this happens periodically over a child's life -- I just didn't think it would start so early!

No comments: