Wes and I are taking our first trip with the baby next week, and already my mind is spinning with what all we'll need to take with us now that we have a baby on board. We're flying and staying in a hotel, so we won't have the amenities of a house. Tell me moms, what are the important things to take when traveling? We're using disposables instead of cloth for the trip. I'm nursing, and we're taking my pump with me since we have to leave Ollie one night for a dinner out. We can't decide if we should take our car seat and stroller or rent a car with a car seat and just use the sling/carrier for getting around.
Suggestions are most welcome!
2 comments:
My tips--Nurse on the landing if possible. It helps the ears.
You figured out the disposables already.
As for the rental car and seat to go with it. I've done that and found it easy to do. I've done the stroller and car seat thing, too. Both worked for me as long as I used the "People with children boarding privilege."
We've done both--rented a car seat and brought ours with us. One thing to note: if you decide to rent, make sure (and double, even triple check via phone) that they have an INFANT car seat available for you. We traveled with Helen to Spokane and when we arrived they only had a forward-facing seat (which didn't convert to rear-facing). She was 11 months old and over 20 pounds already, so I felt comfortable letting her go forward-facing for the 10 miles we had to drive, but there's no way the car seat could have accommodated a little one.
Another thing... If you take the sling, you may want to choose one that's easy and quick to take on an off, since you'll have to unwrap to go through security (and re-wrap on the other side). This is a lot easier when you're with another person, but I had Helen in a Moby wrap on my own, and it was a nightmare!
And finally... the BOB does, indeed, fit--just barely--on the conveyer belt for the x-ray machine at security, so you could take it and gate-check it if you're so inclined.
I'm traveling solo with H1 and H2 the week before Christmas. I'm already worrying and obsessing about the logistics!
Post a Comment