
A few days ago, Wes called on his way to an interview while I was trying to put down Ollie for a nap. I put Ollie down on the couch to answer the phone, and when I got off, the formerly fussy baby was dead asleep on the couch -- so I let him stay. Maybe a half hour later, I heard Lucy walk around the corner of the couch and then heard her skitter away. When I looked up, she was slowly creeping back towards the couch, tail down, ears back, sniffing furiously. Evidently she hadn't realized there was something (someone) on the couch, and it scared her. She thoroughly investigated the small being on the couch, established it was friend not foe, and went on her merry way. Bringing home a baby is evidently a daily rediscovery for our four-legged friend.
1 comment:
I can totally picture this! (The part that's not actually IN the picture, of course...)
Post a Comment