I went to a Sling Class at Be By Baby today to learn about the different kinds of slings and wraps and make sure I had some idea of what I want. Wes and I went to the store several weeks ago (partly because they carry cloth diapers), and one of the sales clerks wowed me with a wrap, which I was previously wary of. With no car, bus riding, and frequent walks (thank you, Lucy), I knew I needed some way to carry the baby that was comfortable for me and him and would grow with him. I've used the Baby Bjorn, but I'm just not in love with it.
So I went to the class today to see the different slings and wraps and try out the wraps since they have a learning curve. There were only four of us there -- one couple expecting twins, two new moms (both with babies under 3 weeks, one of whom was there -- I don't think Wes and I will get a 6 1/2 lb. baby like this lady did, but he sure was a cute little sucker!), and me.
While the pouch sling and ring sling have obvious benefits, I'm pretty set on this wrap deal. There's a bunch of different ways you can wrap the baby depending on what he likes and what you're doing (sitting on an airplane or doing the laundry) and how big he is, and it seems more secure -- when tied correctly -- than anything else. I wouldn't worry as much about him slipping out somehow. Plus, some women manage to nurse with the baby in this thing -- and pretty discreetly!
No comments:
Post a Comment