Saturday, May 10, 2008

Clothes for baby

Anyone who knows me knows that I've been collecting baby clothes for the past few years. It is a secret I did not keep very well. Until recently, the dozen or so items were stores in our storage locker. Last week we got them out to take stock and see what we needed. After my first baby shower on Thursday, I'd like to report the following clothes store:

For 0-3 months (according to Baby Gap and Gymboree) -- September through December
  • 10 short-sleeved onesies, 1 long-sleeved
  • 1 t-shirt
  • 2 coveralls (one with feet, one without)
  • 1 hat

Need: Some kimono tops or t-shirt for pre-umbilical heal and some pants and socks for as it gets cold.

For 3-6 months -- December through February

  • 4 long-sleeved onesies
  • 1 coverall with feet, 1 overall
  • 1 sleeper set
  • 1 sweater
  • 1 hat

For 6-12 months -- February through September

  • 1 t-shirt
  • 1 sweatshirt

For anytime

  • 1 hooded towel

This is all to say that if you are among those, like me, who love to buy cute baby clothes as gifts, we could really use bigger versus smaller, and we could really use some warm stuff (like sweatshirts and pants and socks) for the winter. I know you can just swaddle when they're small, but our apartment can get chilly in winter, so we're going to need some warm stuff (plus some blankets!) for when he starts moving around more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give too much credence to the size given to baby clothes. I always found the 0-3 month clothes good for maybe the first six weeks and by 6 months old, 9-12 month size was needed. And I found that bib coveralls were really good for little ones. No problems with trying to fit a waistband over a diaper.