Thanksgiving is over, and "Christmastime," as the kids keep calling it, has begun. There are Christmas lights going up all over the neighborhood, and all of the usual Christmas tree lots are full and ready for customers. I drove past the mall on our way back from a friends' house tonight, and it was packed.
Like years' past, we'll keep Christmas small this year, but I'm also trying to spread it out so that we can enjoy the whole month of it rather than packing it into a week or so. It's more fun, and it's a lot easier with little kids who lose interest in things pretty quickly. Other than turning the radio in the van to a Christmas station, the only things we've done so far are watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas in matching family Grinch pajamas (only once so far!), put up the stockings, and make and hang the Christmas chain. I had some easy-made links for the latter, and Oliver helped me staple them.
I'm not sure where the terminology got confused, but Oliver keeps talking about the "wrinkles" on the Christmas chain. Last night he was fussing about wanting to "fix the wrinkle" on the chain, and today he wanted to "do the wrinkle" first thing in the morning. I've tried to tell him a few times now that they're called "links," but nonetheless he persists. Tonight he took the first one off; I didn't have the heart to tell him that in my house growing up, the youngest went first.
Here's hoping those are the only wrinkles in a Christmastime filled with peace, joy, and merry memories like these.
Like years' past, we'll keep Christmas small this year, but I'm also trying to spread it out so that we can enjoy the whole month of it rather than packing it into a week or so. It's more fun, and it's a lot easier with little kids who lose interest in things pretty quickly. Other than turning the radio in the van to a Christmas station, the only things we've done so far are watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas in matching family Grinch pajamas (only once so far!), put up the stockings, and make and hang the Christmas chain. I had some easy-made links for the latter, and Oliver helped me staple them.
I'm not sure where the terminology got confused, but Oliver keeps talking about the "wrinkles" on the Christmas chain. Last night he was fussing about wanting to "fix the wrinkle" on the chain, and today he wanted to "do the wrinkle" first thing in the morning. I've tried to tell him a few times now that they're called "links," but nonetheless he persists. Tonight he took the first one off; I didn't have the heart to tell him that in my house growing up, the youngest went first.
Here's hoping those are the only wrinkles in a Christmastime filled with peace, joy, and merry memories like these.
No comments:
Post a Comment