Last weekend, Emmeline and I had our very first girls' weekend in Chicago. I was going to attend my friend's wedding and very excited to see some former teaching colleagues from YWLCS. But then I found out it was kid friendly and decided to take Emmeline, too. Oliver has done his
first big trip to Chicago, and he loved it. Emmeline is a little younger than Oliver when he went, but I thought she was old enough to enjoy it. I figured she would be more excited about the trip itself than the "there-ness" of Chicago. Plus, with Zola having been home a few months, I thought the time for just me and her would be nice. We are so recently alone together. I'm often home alone with Zola, or we take Oliver out to do errands because he's older and it's easier, so I wanted to give Emme so real one-on-one time. The trip was all I'd hoped it would be. She had fun. I had fun. I
always love to be back in the city. And more than anything, I love to see these life experiences through my kids' eyes. Here is a recap of our 48-hour excursion.
No comments:
Post a Comment