Saturday, June 30, 2012

A first for everything

We got home late tonight from a work function for Wes -- after 8pm, which for Emme is at least an hour later than she usually goes to sleep.  Her diaper was pretty dry, and she had some gas, which made me think she might need to poop.  So I set her on the frog potty while Oliver did his business at the same time.  And don't you know it, Emme peed in the potty for the first time.  Seventeen months, two weeks.  I'm not sure she has any comprehension about what she did, and just like with Oliver when he started, I seriously doubt her diaper-free days are very near.  (Oliver's first pee on the potty was about 21+ months, and he wasn't in underwear all day until 27 months.  That said, I did a very "wait and see" approach, so I didn't really hurry him along.)  Nonetheless, it's exciting, and yet another reminder that our baby is growing up.

No comments: