Monday, April 16, 2012

Tie dyed

When I was pregnant with Emmeline, my dear friend Kim sent me a box of her daughter Amelia's old clothes.  There was a range of cute clothes in there, many of which Emme has only recently grown into.  One of my current favorites is this tie dyed shirt (which Emme pairs with either a ruffly denim jumper or jeans).

Emme is a lot of fun to dress these days, as is probably evident by the number of recent posts with the label "what she wore."  Oliver has been dressing himself for a while, and while his outfits are often interesting, they aren't nearly as cute as what I can still get on Emme.

I know the day is coming that she will, too, have an opinion about what she wants to wear.  I'll still get to buy fun clothes -- they just might get paired in interesting ways.  I do have a stash of about six super-cute dresses in her closet for when she gets older.  My sense is that she's about as much of a dress girl as I am, but you've got to put one on every now and then, even if it's just to take a picture.  Like this one.

No comments: