129 lbs. I'm just sayin'. I saw my neighbor down the street who is due about two weeks after me (and also pregnant with a baby girl), and she's tiny. I mean, you can hardly tell she's even pregnant. This is her first baby, but still. Of course, I also saw my friend is due two weeks after me with twins. Now she's bigger than me (and rightfully so).
I was thinking today about how this pregnancy has been different than my first. I've definitely had more nausea and it's lasted further into pregnancy. The gagging-while-brushing phenomenon, for example, persists. I've also had some old GI issues resurface that I dealt with before my pregnancy with Oliver but that disappeared while pregnant with him (and for the most part, after having him). The episodes scare me because they involve, among other things, intense abdominal pain. The first time I had it recently I was worried I was going into pre-term labor, but after the fact I realized what had happened. Unfortunately it came back last night (and it either completely wipes me out or, if at night, keeps me awake from the pain). I've also had a harder time sleeping well with this pregnancy, though a pregnancy pillow has helped. Some of it though is more vivid dreams I've had, ones I can vaguely recollect when I wake up (unusual for me) and that are usually unsettling.
What hasn't been different, though, is how much I enjoy this phase of pregnancy. Baby girl is moving and kicking a lot, and I love feeling it (when it doesn't scare me!). I'm clearly showing but not so big that it's constantly a challenge to move. I definitely enjoy my weekly swim these days.
1 comment:
PUT AWAY THAT SCALE! You are beautiful. You are supposed to look big around the middle. There is a baby in there. I wish I could see you!
Post a Comment