Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meet me at the fair

On Friday night, the whole gang headed out to the Effingham County Fair. We went early since Oliver has such an early bedtime, and it proved to be ideal time to hit a few rides before the crowds got heavy. We checked out the animals being shown in competition, included some enormous pigs and cows that kicks. Oliver and I rode Jalopy Junction, seemingly the only ride I would ride with him, and he tried out the climbing wall in the baby play area. Laura and Reid did a slightly more daring ride, the name of which escapes me. It's like a Ferris wheel, but the car itself rocks back and forth as the main spindle turns. Reid was skeptical but manned up to escort his wife.

I like living in a more urban area, but fairs like this are fun to visit. It'll be fun to take Ollie back when he's a bit older and "this tall to ride."

Posted by Picasa

No comments: