Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ollie's Journal, Weeks 37-53

Things I did:
1. Started crawling -- like a normal baby. I can pull to standing, cruise around using the furniture, go up AND down the stairs. I haven't really tried to let go and stand on my own or even take a few steps, but I'm moving around really well.
2. Moved to Nashville. Love the stairs, love the claw foot tub, love the porch swing, love the swings in the park. Not sure about the backyard (the bugs bite me every time we go out!).
3. Started eating lots of different table food: lots of veggies and fruits, Cheerios and crackers, bits of turkey and chicken, pasta and red sauce. Still getting about 30% baby food to keep the food varied, but those eight teeth are really coming in handy (and maybe getting some more).
4. Started daycare and got sick. First a cold. Then a virus. Then a double-ear infection. I had to miss daycare for five days, which gave mom her first "working-schooling-mom" headache as she figured out childcare for me while I was out. And I had to go to the doctor for the first time in Nashville and for the first time ever for being sick. The new doctor was nice, though. She let me touch the stethoscope and look at the light from the otoscope on my hand. She even gave me tongue depressors to hold while she looked in my ear. I didn't like being pinned down to have my ears cleaned out, but I didn't mind the amoxicillin at all! All better now.
5. Turned one. Not a big hoopla, but I did get a cupcake and some fun presents (and mom says there's more coming in the mail). My favorite difference in being one is getting to sit in the big-boy car seat turned forward in the car.

Right now: Playing in my crib, waiting for mom to come get me up from my nap. Grandma Martha just left :(

No comments: