And that Oliver has recently mastered:
1. Turning on the water to our jacuzzi tub. Fortunately, he can only reach the faucet, not the water itself. He likes to do this while I'm showering -- on, off, on, off.
2. Opening drawers of various heights. First it was the drawer below the oven, which recently he's taken a mind to try and climb into. Now it's the next one up, which houses a box of three very nice, very sharp Henkels' knives. Then it's the next one up, which has my great-aunt Esther's silverware. Today it was the top drawer, which he cannot reach into but nonetheless enjoys opening because, well, he can. I think "babyproof the kitchen" needs to move to a higher priority on Wes's list -- or be moved to mine.
3. Forcing open the back screen door, which he is attempting to now but is being foiled by the lock in place. We discovered this new talent when, earlier today, as I was vacuuming and wondering where he'd gotten off to, my father-in-law found him in the middle of the backyard, crawling towards the garage.
4. Testing the height of things by lowering his left foot down in front of him. He keeps the right one behind him, on his knee, and swings around the left one and lowers his toe down to feel for the next level. This works reasonably well on, say, stairs, but not as well on our bed.
5. Responding to the highly annoying sound I make when I don't want him to do something with a big grin. Hmm, which uncle could he have learned that from?
No comments:
Post a Comment